If you are feeling like you need a little help in boosting the nutritional value of your everyday meals then SF SuperFoods has just the answer! Their Protein Blend and Omega-3 Blend are two of their four specifically formulated blends. These blends contain a wide range of nutrients sourced from the finest quality grains, seeds, nuts and berries from Australia and around the world. The blends help with digestion and assist with absorption of vital nutrients into the body. Incorporating these blends into your diet will allow you to easily meet the Daily Intake (DI) levels for Protein and Omega-3.
It’s really important to ensure you include an adequate amount of protein in your diet as it is essential for maintaining strong bones, muscles, cartilage, skin and blood. Proteins also act as the building blocks for vitamins, hormones and enzymes. The SF SuperFoods Protein Blend contains a mix of milled flaxseed, almonds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and pepitas and provides 23% of your daily DI levels in each 45g serve.
Omega-3 fatty acids offer so many benefits for the body. They help reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke; reduce symptoms of hypertension, depression, joint pain and other rheumatoid problems as well as assisting with certain skin ailments. The SF Superfoods Omega-3 Blend is made up of a mix of milled flaxseed, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, hazelnuts, pepitas and chia seeds.
The blends contain no artificial colours, flavours or added preservatives and the addition of these blends will boost your energy levels and allow you to meet the DI levels for Protein and Omega-3…all in all providing great support for a well balanced diet.
For stockists details visit their website:
I recently used the SF Superfoods Protein Blend as part of my latest Bliss Ball recipe….
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts such as almonds, cashews, brazils, hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 TBS SF Protein Blend
- 5 tablespoons almond nut butter
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 8 drops liquid stevia
- extra sesame seeds, for coating
- Put the almond meal, coconut flakes, protein blend, nuts and sesame seeds in a food processor and process until combined. Add the almond butter, tahini and stevia and continue to process until combined.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal parts then using your hands, roll each one into a ball. Put the extra sesame seeds in a bowl and roll the balls in them to coat all over. Place them well spaced on a flat tray and refrigerate until party time.