GOLDEN GUT EGG NOG
Nog Nog.... who's there?
Just in time for the holidays, I got to film some fun cooking videos with my friend Irene from Nourished Life last week. We shook up the traditional egg nog and added some golden spice and everything nice.
This is a delicious dairy free and healthy version that the whole family can enjoy around Christmas time. It's so much better than the gloopy stuff from the carton!
Enjoy anti-inflammatory turmeric, spicy ginger, a hint of cinnamon and spiced rum (adults and pirates only Arrr... me hearties!).
Egg nog goes back to medieval Britain, but fear not, even your modern day Aussie knight in shining armour can shake this up for you.
By the way, if you're on still on the hunt for last minute Christmas gifts check out my Supercharged Christmas gift giving guide here.
Golden Gut Egg Nog
- 250 ml (9 fl oz/1 cup) coconut cream
- 750 ml (26 fl oz/3 cups) coconut milk
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon golden gut blend (plus extra to serve)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or essence
- 5 egg yolks
- Spiced rum (optional!)
- Combine all the ingredients except the egg yolks in a medium saucepan, stir gently until combined, then slowly bring to the boil over medium–low heat.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to steep for 3–4 minutes, then remove the cinnamon sticks.
- Whizz the egg yolks in a blender on high until frothy or whisk them.
- Add the coconut milk mixture, then whizz for a couple more seconds or pour all into a shaker.
- Serve warm or chilled, sprinkled with extra golden gut blend on top.
Trackback from your site.
What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious knowledge about unpredicted feelings.
[…] in them when she cut down on alcohol this time last year, as we were whipping up my spicy Golden Egg Nog in her kitchen. By the way, it’s so much better than the gloopy stuff from the […]