Looking for a supercharged pick me up? If you're tired of reaching into your handbag and finding the same old ho hum snack you'll love this one.
It's a quick fix recipe to help you mix things up a little. It’s full of good fats and B vitamins so your body and mind will love it too.
This recipe can be whipped up quickly and stored in an airtight container for weeks, allowing you to prepare a big batch and work your way through it at your own pace.
It's a wonderfully healthy snack option to have on hand to tide you over when you the low energy lull hits.
I hope that you'll include it into your day and use it as recharging pick-me-up.
Tamari Nibble Mix
- 160 g (51/2 oz/1 cup) almonds
- 155 g (51/2 oz/1 cup) raw cashew nuts
- 75 g (21/2 oz/1/2 cup) pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 75 g (21/2 oz/1/2 cup) sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons wheat-free tamari
- 90 g (31/4 oz) additive-free brown rice crackers, broken into bite-sized pieces
- Preheat the oven to 160°c (315°F/gas 2–3) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the nuts and seeds in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Pour over the tamari, and mix so the seeds are well coated.
- Transfer to the baking tray and cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Add the rice crackers before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks until ready to bag.