This breakfast bowl is perfection, and by happy co-incidence it also makes a wonderful dessert.
Simple and understated, the addition of apple cider vinegar will ensure the perfect start to a homemade breakfast in bed. Deliciousness and nutritiousness collide in a spectacular balancing act of flavours.
- 440 g (151/2 oz/2 cups) fresh berries
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 45 g (11/2 oz/1/3 cup) slivered almonds
Cashew Nut Cream
- 155 g (51/2 oz/1 cup) raw cashew nuts
- 170 ml (2/3 cup) filtered water
- 8 drops stevia liquid
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla essence (optional)
To make the cashew nut cream, place all the ingredients in a food processor and whizz until smooth and creamy.
- Add a little water if the mixture isn’t smooth.
- Divide the berries between two small bowls.
- Pour 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar over each, top with slivered almonds and cashew nut cream, and serve.
Note: Make the cashew nut cream the night before. It can be stored in the fridge in a covered container for up to one week. You can substitute the same quantity of almonds, sunflower seeds, macadamias or hazelnuts for the cashews.
For more delicious anti-inflammatory recipes checkout my new book Eat Yourself Beautiful