It’s time to show your liver some love. Your liver is your largest internal organ and responsible for a variety of very important functions, including supporting your digestive system and detoxification process.
One of the most important tasks that your liver attends to is breaking down everything that enters your body: food, liquids, supplements, medicines, and chemicals. The liver also produces bile, an important substance for detoxifying your body and breaking down fat.
But when the liver is clogged up and overwhelmed with toxins it cannot do its job effectively and we can become tired and stressed.
Because, your liver is similar to a filter, all the foods you eat, drink and breathe pass through it. Although your body has its own detoxification process, assisting it by eating the right foods, can greatly improve your health and well-being.
I’ve created an all-round delicious dip recipe packed with many as ten liver cleansing ingredients all whilst keeping it creamy and delicious!
Liver cleansing dip
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup Brazil nuts + a few for garnish
- 2 firmly packed cups of raw baby spinach
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- chili flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped + a few leaves for garnish
- Optional: 1 tomato, chopped
- In a bowl, roughly mash the avocado with a fork.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt, pepper, chili flakes and chopped coriander.
- In a blender, add the onion, baby spinach, Brazil nuts and garlic along with 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil. You want the dip to be on the chunky side so you might want to use a “chop” setting.
- Add the mixture into the bowl and mix with the avocado.
- Cover and store in fridge until ready to use.
- Serve with crushed Brazil nuts and fresh coriander.
- If using, add chopped tomato just before serving.
Try it let me know what you think in the comments section below!
Have you heard about my four week Heal Your Gut Program? Registrations are open now. Course starts on Monday 8th August 2016. Find out more here.