Wake up with a zing with a mouthwatering omelette.
I love to create recipes that taste like they came straight out of a vegetable patch. So vibrant and earthy and this comes straight out of my new book Eat Yourself Beautiful.
It's great for the nutritional balancing act too. The biotin found in eggs is fantastic for promoting luscious shiny hair, while the coconut oil and lemon will help your body absorb beneficial iron from the kale. Which by the way is a fantastic anti-inflammatory food, one cup being filled with 10% of the recommended daily intake of omega-3 fatty acids!
Here's how to make it.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 leaves Tuscan kale, washed, stems removed and shredded
- 3 organic eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh
- coriander, plus extra, to serve (optional)
- salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat the oven grill (broiler) to high.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat and sauté the kale for a couple of minutes.
- Add the water and lemon rind to the eggs, beat again and pour the egg mixture over the kale, giving the pan a swirl so the base is evenly coated.
- Reduce the heat and scatter the coriander over the egg mixture. Cook for a minute or so, until the omelette is firm enough on the underside to be folded over.
- Tilt the pan away from you and use a spatula to gently lift and fold a third of the omelette on itself.
- Transfer the omelette to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a plate and top with a squeeze of lemon juice and the extra coriander leaves (if using) and serve.