This pizza is the perfect indulgence without the guilt – you may crinkle your nose up a little at the thought of substituting cauliflower for flour in this recipe but prevail it does, this cauliflower pizza crust delivers all the satisfaction of an original pizza but without the gnawing tummy pain that accompanies gluten filled pizzas.
Quick and easy to make, the base is crisp yet soft and light with subtle texture, with the herbs and garlic adding extra flavour throughout. The minimalist topping is the perfect balance with salty anchovies, beautiful fresh greens and herbs, finished the only way a pizza should be, with a generous sprinkle of Vitamin B rich nutritional yeast flakes.
Not only delicious this little white tree is packed with goodness; Cauliflower is nutrient rich and loaded with vitamin K, folate, fibre and antioxidants which maintains excellent blood flow for the heart and kidneys; reduces inflammation and strengthens the immune system.
This pizza will pass the test of any pizza connoisseur and is a worthy and healthy substitute for all.
Directions for consumption: Couch, favourite PJs, movie. Enjoy.
PS... You can add mozzarella if you are eating dairy.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
- 1 cup cooked, shredded cauliflower
- 1 organic egg
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 tsp organic Italian herbs
- 2 tsp organic parsley
- 1-2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Pinch of caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 TBS Tomato paste no additives
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes (You can substitute with mozzerella if you are eating dairy)
- handful rocket
- Spinach, onion, garlic, olives, anchovies
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees Celsius
- Brush a baking tray with EV olive oil
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower, egg, almond meal, garlic, seeds and nutritional yeast flakes. Scoop out the mixture with a spoon and then press evenly on the pan to make a square shape.
- Sprinkle evenly with herbs.
- Place in oven for 12-15 minutes
- Remove and let cool slightly then, add sauce, toppings and cheese.
- Place under a high heated grill for five minutes to warm toppings
For more in-depth gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast and sugar-free recipes you can visit www.superchargedfood.com