Easter is just around the corner and one of the best opportunities to indulge in yummy mouth-watering chocolaty treats.
So what will the bouncing bunny be bringing you this year?
In Supercharged HQ we’ll be ditching the sugar-high brightly coloured candy, marshmallows and Cadbury Crème eggs to indulge in delicious Gooey Chocolate and Raspberry Cake, Chocolate and Coconut Roughs and Ginger Heart Biscuits.
Just because some indulgences are “free from” doesn’t mean they have to taste meh… like cardboard.
These delicious heart-smart treats are high in anti-oxidants and although dentists may be up in arms because they are sans sugar, we love the results.
Gooey Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup gluten-free cocoa
- 25g coconut flour
- 125g almond flour
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 200g xylitol
- 3 TBS butter or grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp brazil nut and linseed butter
- 4 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 TBS coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (alcohol free)
- 1½ tsps gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- ½ cup almond Milk
- Coconut Cream and raspberries for topping
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Pre grease a cake tin
- Cream butter and xylitol
- Mix flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, sea salt and cocoa together in a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk eggs and vanilla essence add grapeseed oil, brazil nut spread, coconut milk
- Slowly add wet mixture into dry
- Add almond milk until the mixture is a medium consistency
- Spoon into cake tin and then place in oven for 40-45 mins
- Remove and let cool
- Spoon coconut cream over the cake and top with crushed raspberries
Ginger Heart Biscuits
Makes about 12
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons stevia powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon soda water
- 1 cup almond butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease a baking tray.
- In a bowl stir the almond meal, stevia, salt, ginger and soda water together. Warm the almond butter slightly and then mix it with the eggs and vanilla until the mixture is smooth.
- Add to the almond meal mixture and mix well.
- Roll mixture to desired thickness and using heart shaped cutter.
- Place well-spaced on the prepared tray.
- Bake until crisp and golden, about 25 minutes.
- Cool a little on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Chocolate and Coconut Roughs
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 TBS cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 3/4 tsp powdered stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla alcohol free
- 2/3 cup nut butter
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners
- In a bowl place coconut and almonds
- Melt nut butter and coconut butter over boiling water and add stevia, vanilla and cacao nibs stirring frequently
- Remove from heat and pour mixture over coconut flakes and almonds
- Spoon into muffin cases and refrigerate until set
For more gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast and sugar free recipes visit supercharged.wpengine.com