I'm drawn to Italian meatballs and I'm not talking about the guys from Jersey Shore.... On serving these "just like mama used to make" delights, mentioning the words "That’s a spiceeee meat-a-ball" is hard not to do it without gesturing wildly and launching into a heavy fake Italian accent. I know you guys will go ga-ga over this delicious Italian inspired dish which is super easy and packed with healthy ingredients.
Lamb is one of those power packed foods providing the entire body with a wide range of essential nutrients for a balanced and healthy diet. Packed with protein, iron, zinc, B vitamins, selenium, vitamin D, and long chain omega-3s, lamb certainly provides optimized health and energy to the body.
In a nutshell, lamb provides needed vitamins for the body and immune system function. Vitamin B12, which is an essential vitamin for proper brain function; Zinc supports healthy immune function, cell division and overall growth; Iron is an integral component of haemoglobin and aids formation of red blood cells in the body, omega 3 benefits emotional health and the heart and amino acids are necessary component of every living cell.
Together with fuelling the body these high protein meatballs will certainly spice up your life! The twist of fragrant herbs and spices will heighten your taste buds, with the ground nuts providing a rich and light flavour throughout keeping the meatballs from drying out.
Delicious and bound to please the whole family from the little ones to the more mature. Enjoy as a starter with a roasted cherry tomato dipping sauce or make a meal of it and partner with a quinoa pilaf. Top with homemade relish...
- 500 grams organic minced lamb
- 1 organic egg
- 2 brown onions chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 TBS fresh parsley chopped
- 2 TBS coriander seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- pinch red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts preferably soaked and dried (almonds/walnuts/cashews)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 TBS Extra Virgin Coconut Oil for frying
- Place all spices and herbs in a bowl and mix
- Lightly fry onions and garlic in coconut oil then set aside
- Using your hands mix lamb, nuts, spices, herbs and egg together and then add onions and garlic and season to taste
- Shape mixture into balls and over a medium stove top heat coconut oil in a frying pan
- Add meatballs and sear on each side, transfer to the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 min or until cooked
- Drain meatballs on paper towel and serve by themselves or accompanied with quinoa pilaf or a crispy green side salad.
For more gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast and sugar-free supercharged recipes visit supercharged.wpengine.com