For this easy-peasy dish, select enough mixed vegetables to serve four hungry people.
Choose from the freshest seasonal vegies you can find — turnip, pumpkin (winter squash), zucchini (courgette), cauliflower, fennel, red and yellow capsicum (pepper), eggplant (aubergine), parsnip and onion are especially good. Also include garlic if you like.
If the vegetables are browning too quickly, reduce the oven temperature to 220ºC (425ºF/Gas 7). Not all vegetables have the same cooking times, so keep checking them and remove any that are fully cooked. Put them back in the oven for the last 5 minutes or so to heat through.
- mixed seasonal vegetables of your choice (enough for 4 people)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 250ºC (500ºF/Gas 9). Peel and chop your vegetables into chunks or wedges and place in a large bowl.
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a jar. Screw the lid on tightly, shake well, then pour over the vegetables.
- Toss the vegetables well, making sure they are evenly coated in the dressing.
- Spread the vegetables in a large roasting tin and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 35–40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender,
- browned and crispy, turning and basting them halfway through. Transfer to a warmed platter to serve.
For more gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast and sugar-free recipes visit supercharged.wpengine.com