With its light, fluffy texture, cinnamon kick and unadorned ingredients, this loaf will
give you all the energy you need to be inspired. Any number of nut flours or gluten free flours can be substituted here. For a savoury flavour, replace the stevia with a little Celtic sea salt — let your tastebuds be your guide. This bread is incredibly versatile and can be served up as an accompaniment with avocado, fruit pastes or dips. It will make your heart sing!
The health benefits are amazing too...
Rich in proteins, healthy fats, omega oils and fibre, nuts are a delicious way to add flavour and crunch to a meal. Walnuts and almonds are densely packed with vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6 and E, and are mineral-rich too, containing manganese, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and zinc. They are reported to lower levels of harmful LDL cholesterol when consumed daily.
- 150 g (51/2 oz/11/2 cups) almond meal
- 30 g (1 oz/1/4 cup) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 95 g (31/4 oz/3/4 cup) arrowroot (tapioca) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF/Gas 4). Grease a 20 x 9 cm (8 x 31/2 inch) loaf (bar) tin.
- Put the almond meal, walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon, arrowroot flour and salt in a large bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and whisk using an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, about 11/2 minutes.
- Add the stevia, grape seed oil, coconut milk and vinegar and mix gently. Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the greased tin and bake for about 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Remove the bread from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy the bread melt-in-the-mouth warm, or at room temperature with your favourite topping.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 days, or wrap up tightly and freeze for up to 6 weeks.
Makes 1 loaf.
For more gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast and sugar-free recipes visit supercharged.wpengine.com