- Raw Cacao is overflowing with one of the world’s most deficient major minerals, magnesium. In fact, there’s no known source on earth that provides more. Magnesium is essential in developing a strong healthy heart, can help to relax menstrual cramping, strengthen your bones and open up more than three hundred detoxification pathways in the human body.
- Raw Cacao is super-rich in antioxidants. Ten percent of raw cacao powder is filled with them. They act as protective factors for the heart and circulatory system by increasing the ability of arteries to dilate, improving the functioning of the cells that line blood vessels and reducing the oxidsation of bad cholesterol (LDL). Interestingly, dairy appear to counteract these amazing antioxidant effects; just another added reason you should try my DAIRY FREE love hearts.
- Raw cacao= happier you= lots of loving! Thank Phenylthylamine (PEA), a chemical that’s released into the blood stream when we are sexually aroused, and abundant in the brains of happy people. PEA is responsible for dopamine (the pleasure hormone), adrenaline and noradrenaline. When you eat cacao, your mental concentration will increase, livening up your attitude and increasing positive emotions such as joy, happiness and perhaps some hanky panky with the apple of your eye. Nudge nudge wink wink!
- 40 g (11/2 oz) shaved cacao butter
- 1/4 cup organic coconut butter
- 30 g (1 oz/1/4 cup) raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 10–12 drops stevia liquid, or 1 teaspoon powdered, or to taste
- To make the dark chocolate, melt the butters in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Add the other ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Place in love heart moulds and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and wait a few minutes before popping the chocolate out from the moulds. If in hard moulds, tap the bottom until the hearts fall out.
- To make white chocolate, follow the method above but omit the cacao powder.
- The chocolates will keep in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Share the love
Tags: benefits of cacao, cacao, dairy free chocolate, healthy chocolate, home made chocolate, lee holmes supercharged food, raw cacao, sugar free chocolate, Supercharged Food, supercharged food blog, Valentines Day Chocolates, valentines day recipes