There's really no excuse to not get your veg on right now.
If you're looking for a light and healthy spin, combine any raw veggies in this kaleidoscopic feast for a completely balanced meal. It's a recipe straight out of the pages of my latest book, Eat Clean, Green and Vegetarian.
It’s easy to throw together and deliciously healthy. The tahini and lemon dressing tastes so much better than any pre-packaged dressing you would buy in the grocery store, and it takes a nanosecond to prepare.
Over the Rainbow Salad with Tahini and Lemon Dressing
WF DF GF SF VEG VG
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 small beetroot (beet), thinly sliced or spiralised
- 40 g (11/2 oz/1/2 cup) shredded purple cabbage
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), seeds and membrane removed and diced
- 1 yellow capsicum (pepper), seeds and membrane removed and diced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced or spiralised
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and sliced into wedges
- sprinkle of pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- handful of bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, to garnish
Tahini and lemon dressing
- 135 g (43/4 oz/1/2 cup) tahini
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 5 drops stevia liquid
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, or to taste
- Place all the salad ingredients, except the sesame seeds, in a bowl and carefully mix together.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a bowl with 60 ml (2 fl oz/1/4 cup) of filtered water and blend until a smooth paste forms. Add more filtered water, if required.
- Dress the salad, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and serve immediately.
For a cheesier dressing, add 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast flakes. If you love soy, this salad can be garnished with cubed fresh, organic tofu, marinated in wheat-free tamari for 5 minutes and fried in a small amount of coconut oil on all sides until crispy.