I love soup, everything about it… from the ease of making it, the many varieties and twists you can play with, the smell, the warmth and textures and most of all the instant heart-warming cosy effect it gives.
This curried cauliflower soup is everything and more, deliciously rich with a splash of spice, and so so creamy, it tastes so good without a hint of a belly ache, simply delicious and packed with nutrients; giving the understated cauliflower a new lease on life.
With a powerful boost of vitamins and antioxidants the cumin, ginger, turmeric and coconut milk gives this soup a Thai touch and depth of flavour, with the cauliflower smoothing the recipe out and introducing a rich creamy taste.
A beautiful soup that will combat any winter blues and keep your immune system fighting fit. Why not try it as an introduction to dinner or dinner itself?
Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1 large head of cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Celtic Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chopped coriander or spring onion for garnish
- Over a medium heat in a soup pan melt coconut oil and fry onion until browned
- Add garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, cumin and stir until fragrant about a minute
- Add the cauliflower, vegetable stock, coconut milk and sea salt and bring to a boil Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes
- Soup can be blended in batches for a smoother consistency
- Garnish with Black Pepper and Fresh Coriander or sliced spring onion
For more gluten, wheat dairy, yeast and sugar free recipes visit supercharged.wpengine.com