Happy Thanksgiving 😀
This recipe is for especially for my American friends. It’s time to throw away those elasticated pants that are synonymous with post thanksgiving feasting, and turn your attention towards my tummy gummies to help target any lingering after-feast bloat.
Thankfully, my gut healing turmeric gummies have arrived just in time, to offer relief from festive over eating and have you and your digestive system back on track quickly.
These delicious gummy treats can help to reduce inflammation and settle down your digestive system. They’re loaded with the queen of spices; turmeric, providing a lot more than just boosting colour and flavour; it can also aid in weight maintenance and is a powerful anti-oxidant.
Ginger and turmeric are quite closely related and, like turmeric, ginger also helps to decrease inflammation in the body and serve as a wonderful immunity booster and de-bloater. A dazzling duo, think of this combination as an inflammation-squashing addition that can be sprinkled into your many of your favourite meals and made into soothing hot drinks. Ginger can also reduce nausea, and is an appetite suppressant.
You’ll be surprised at how super quick and easy these gummies are to prepare. Black pepper is included in these gorgeous gummies since it helps to improve the amount of curcumin from the turmeric absorbed by your body (the more the merrier!), and the rice malt syrup helps to counteract the bitterness of the turmeric and the heat of the ginger. Feel free to add another sweetener of your choice like raw honey if you prefer.
Want to improve your gut health?
A gut cleanser is an excellent tool to fight bloating symptoms and feel cleansed, especially after one too many serves of thanksgiving potatoes! My Supercharged Food Heal Your Gut Powder ensures you’ll go from a full-on turkey belly to a leaned and toned tum. The mineral-rich, natural, plant-based and vegan food can be consumed in the morning with a smoothie or is great on its own with a glass of water.
If you want to recharge your gut the healthy way, why not consider my Heal Your Gut programs.
Enjoy gobbling up these healthy snacks…
Turmeric Tummy Gummies
Makes about a dozen
Supercharged Tip: Pour the mixture into moulds for some quirky shapes!
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp gelatin powder
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp Heal Your Gut powder (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- Few cracks of black pepper
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup
- Place water in a large bowl and sprinkle over gelatin until it starts to bloom, set aside while prepping the other ingredients
- Add coconut milk, turmeric, HYG powder, ginger, pepper and rice malt syrup to a pot and heat on a low heat for 5 minutes, and whisk to combine
- Slowly add the coconut milk mixture to the gelatin and whisk to combine, this may take a few minutes to remove any lumps
- Pour through a sieve into a plastic or glass container mould and leave in the fridge for 3 hours, or until firm enough to turn out and slice into cubes
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week